This map takes place in the first Zone of the first-ever Sonic the Hedgehog videogame title. Unfortunately, you won't find many loop-de-loops in the map itself.
The map has the classic house, as well as a bunch of small hills found throughout the map to avoid the flood disasters like Flash Flood, Rising Lava, etc. There's also a couple of playground towers on some of the hills, one small and one large. It also has a large amount of Rings, which gives players the Ring Collector achievement if they collect them. Overall, this map has many good places to be, and is beginner-friendly due to its layout and the Rings, which lets players who are quick enough grab some Coins to get orbs or gear quicker.
Green Hill Zone had its colors changed temporarily in Version 1.23, donning a gray, yellow, purple, and light green color palette. The skybox also changed, with darker mountains and a gray sky with brown details. The main house also had changes.
Green Hill Zone had its colors changed temporarily in Version 1.25, donning a blue, light blue, and white color palette. The skybox also changed, with lighter blue mountain details, and a frozen river and waterfall. The main house also had changes.
April Fools 2018 (Hill Act 1)
In Survive The Disasters 4, Green Hill Zone received a mysteryous red ring (randomly replaces one of the ring), if a player collect this ring, all players screen will turn static for a few seconds, then the map will turn into a horror version of it, with red and black textures (similiar to sonic.exe). This version of the map features two songs, these are "Hill Act 1" and "... Zone".
- The classic ROBLOX house, to the left of the shop.
- A river running through the Map, with some bridges along the way.
- Two tower play sets; one large, one small.
- Multiple trees and hills.
- A secret room that hides the Chaos Emerald.
- Many Rings, which players can pick up to earn the Ring Collector achievement if they survive the next Disaster. If they die, all of the Rings they collected will drop and other players will have a chance to claim them.
- This Map is based off of the first level from Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.
- A beta version of this map does exist. It is instead named Green Grove, after the first Zone in Sonic 3D Blast.
- People tend to vote for this map due to the fact that it has a plentiful amount of Rings.
- Prior to Version 1.21, this was the only place where you can get the Ring Collector achievement. Due to the Ring Balloon Bonus Round, however, this is no longer the case.
- This doesn't include the unused Test map.
- The player can earn 460 coins by collecting every ring on this map.